Monday, December 28, 2009

Devin Mizelle and the love for Hockey

Meet a new up and coming ECU hockey player: Devin Mizelle. Heather, Devin's mom, saw my portfolio of sports portraits and contacted me to do a shoot with Devin. She had some definite ideas for what she wanted, but she also wanted some sizzle-something creatively new, something that 'hadn't been done'. Heather wanted indoor and outdoor shots but she wanted to maintain the hockey theme throughout so we kept the stick handy. In all the shoot took two days to complete. As for the sizzle, we knew Devin played a pretty hot stick, so I thought I would apply that to the new shot. After thinking about the options, we decided to light the stick. We ended up with that new shot and a
Great poster with a flaming hockey stick that they absolutely loved. They were great to work with and I got A chance to create something new: the fire shot. I was happy with the results but most importantly so were they. Click on the images for a larger view.














No comments:

Post a Comment