Sunday, January 3, 2010

Landscape Water Photos

I had a day off this past week so I decided to do something I haven't done in a while-shoot some landscapes. I wanted to start with Washington, then Bath and finally Lake Mattamuskeet-but what I didn't want was all that fog. That's the problem with landscapes: you take what you get. Once I got down to Washington and Bath I realized the fog might be an asset (this kind of fog doesn't happen very often). Due to the fog I was able to get a few nice shots of the boats. By the time I got to Lake Mattamuskeet it was so foggy you couldn't even see the sides of the lake. I still managed to get a few interesting shots of the small trees out in the water. I worked with the color to make the scenes a little more pleasant to the eyes. I've always enjoyed going out by myself and just riding till I find something really interesting to photograph but landscapes still don't take the place of photographing families and kids. They'll talk to you. Landscapes don't say a word.




No comments:

Post a Comment