Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jillian & Matt's Wedding Day

When I first met Jillian and Matt they seemed to be very soft spoken...more Jillian than Matt but they knew the type of wedding they wanted and after finishing their engagement photos they asked if I would do their wedding and of course I said "I would love to photograph your wedding". So months later the wedding arrives and about a week before I call them up and go over a few ideas about the bridesmaids and groomsmen shoot that I had a few places outside that would look very cool. They were all about the idea and we kept watching the weather up to their wedding day. One day it was sunny, the next it was rain, then sun, the rain. Well, it started raining as soon as we got to the church and then it started to sleet. Not good!! After the wedding we all headed downtown to this abandoned building that would be cool for the group shots of the wedding party since my other idea was put to rest due to the rain. Well, we get the guys out first and start getting some cool shots and then three police cars pull up. I kept shooting till it was time to see what's up. Not a big deal, it's an condemned building and they tell us we have to leave (even though there are no signs up or anything). But, they did give me ten minutes to finish the shoot which wasn't the amount of time I wanted but I did what I could with the time I had and was very happy with the results. Then off to the Martinsborough located downtown Greenville for the reception and what a fun place, live band, nice food and this very cool staircase that I just had to get Jillian and Matt on before they headed for their honeymoon. We had an awesome time at your wedding and can't wait for you to see the rest of the photos. Thanks to Andrea Wood for second shooting with me on this one. Click on the images for a larger view.























2 comments:

  1. yay! it was a beautiful wedding - I love u actually "wrote a paragraph" at the top too ;-)

    ReplyDelete